Building Closure information – all libraries
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Southern Gulf Islands library buildings will be closed to the public until further notice.
- You can hold on to any library materials you have – we won’t charge any overdue fees
- Items can be returned through the book drop
- Interlibrary Loans are unavailable during this closure
- All Library events and programs are cancelled
- All Library meeting rooms will not be available and any previous bookings will be cancelled
While the library buildings are closed, our digital library never closes!
We are offering these free resources:
- Offering Tech Tutor help over the phone on Tues-Wed-Thurs, 10 am to 3 pm. Call our Help Desk at 250-629-3722.
- 24/7 access to a huge collection of online resources, available from the Library website
- Over 20,000+ eBooks, eAudiobooks, and e-Magazines
- Online music lessons, self-guided using Artist Works
- Online language lessons, self-guided using Rocket Languages
- Online interactive and education books for kids and teens, using Tumblebooks
- Online learning about BC using KNOW BC
Free Wi-Fi is also available from outside the library building
You will be notified when the Library buildings reopen or provide access to hard copy materials. Visit the Library website, Facebook page and local newsletter for updates & tips.
Southern Gulf Islands Library Director