The Southern Gulf Islands libraries are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for library volunteers and the public. Harmful or disruptive behaviour in the library will not be tolerated.
To better serve all library users, certain standards of behaviour are required. If patrons fail to comply with a request to modify disruptive behaviour, they will be required to leave the premises. Further action may be taken at the discretion of the library Board.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, the following examples:
- Vandalism of library property (facilities or equipment)
- Vandalism of library materials
- Harassment – physical, sexual or verbal abuse of library patrons or staff
- Intoxication resulting from using alcohol or drugs
- Obscene language
- Soliciting for any purpose
- Physical aggression
- Unacceptably loud behaviour
- Inappropriate use of the public computers