Tips for using Outlook Online
“Outlook Online” is an online catalogue of items in all BC libraries, and can be used for borrowing items from libraries across the province.
Search for items using Outlook Online
- First check if the item is available in your home library, and if not, proceed to using Outlook Online to search other BC libraries
- Click the Outlook Online link.
- Enter your search terms in the available boxes. You can change the search criteria from the drop down menu and search by title, author, etc.
- Click the “Submit Search” icon.
- A list of titles in BC libraries will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information.
- Choose the title which matches your request. Click “Request this Item”.
- (If the title is already in your home library, an alert box will appear. Please visit your home library to check-out the item, or place a Hold on the title if checked out.)
- Note: a limit of 3 active ILL requests per person is allowed at one time.
- Proceed to complete the online form with your contact information (full first and last name, PIN, and home library) and submit the form.
- The library will notify you when the item is ready for pick-up.
Contact your library if you need further assistance using Outlook Online.